Total thyroidectomy is the surgical preferred procedure for the treatment of benign and malignant disease. The purpose of this research was to evaluate total thyroidectomy operation by Ligasure in comparison with total thyroidectomy by the traditional technique that uses clamp and tie. We evaluated 256 patients. In 144 patients (56%), we used Ligasure without tie for total thyroidectomy; in the remaining 112 patients (44%), we used clamp and tie. The middle values of the variables examined were inferior (P < 0.0005) in the Ligasure group compared with the clamp and tie group. Only the middle value of operating room costs was higher in the first group than in the second, balanced by a decreased hospital stay of two days. Ligasure can be safely used for total thyroidectomy, because there is a meaningful difference in the distribution of variance between the two groups. There are decreasing risks of parathyroid gland and laryngeal nerve injury in the Ligasure group.
|Titolo:||Thyroid surgery without cut and tie: the use of ligasure for total thiroidectomy|
|Data di pubblicazione:||2010|
|Citazione:||Thyroid surgery without cut and tie: the use of ligasure for total thiroidectomy / SCILLETTA B; CAVALLARO MP; FERLITO F; LI DESTRI G.; MINUTOLO V; FREZZA EE; DI CATALDO A. - In: INTERNATIONAL SURGERY. - ISSN 0020-8868. - 95(2010), pp. 293-298.|
|Appare nelle tipologie:||1.1 Articolo in rivista|